The Quakertown Community Pool will be open for the 2020 Season!
The Quakertown Borough Parks & Recreation Department has made revisions to their daily operations as well as established a Health and Safety Plan using guidelines from the PA. Department of Health and U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Opening: Saturday, June 27, 2020
Operating Hours: 11:30am – 8:00pm
Member Hours: 11:30am – 8:00pm
Daily Pass Hours: 1:00pm – 8:00pm
Membership Type Resident
Individual Pass $64.00
Senior Pool Pass $56.00
Family – 2 $125.00
Family – 3 $164.00
Family – 4 $204.00
Family – 5 $240.00
Family – 6+ $264.00
Membership Type Non-Resident
Individual Pass $99.00
Senior Pool Pass $81.00
Family – 2 $193.50
Family – 3 $265.50
Family – 4 $337.50
Family – 5 $405.00
Family – 6+ $456.00
Daily Rates Rate
Child (under 18) or Senior (over 62): $8.00
Twilight Adult (4pm – closing): $5.00
Senior Non-Swim: $1.00
JULY 10, 2020 UPDATE: Starting Monday, July 13, 2020 the Borough of Quakertown will be limiting the purchase of Daily Passes to the Quakertown Community Pool only to those that reside in Quakertown Area Zip Codes (18951 and 18955). This new policy will help the Borough reduce the number of patrons in the facility and ensure proper social distancing and reduce the spread of COVID-19. Starting on Monday families purchasing a day pass will be required to show proof of ID showing a Quakertown address. Individuals who live in the Quakertown area will be permitted to bring guests from outside of the area. Families that do not live in Quakertown will still be permitted to purchase a Quakertown Pool Membership at Quakertownrec.com. Members will also still be permitted to purchase day passes for their guests.
- In order to stagger patron arrivals, we will be opening the pool to Members at 11:30am. The pool will then open to daily passes at 1:00pm.
- Arrival – There will be 6’ social distancing marks to keep patrons separated at the entrance of the facility. Staff will complete a symptom check with each patron before entering.
- When entering the facility patrons shall enter through the door to the right. When leaving the facility patrons shall enter through the door on the left.
- All families shall be required to sign a waiver to enter the facility including name and contact information.
In the Facility
- The facility shall have 90 social distant family areas in the grass area of the facility. Each family area shall be 12’x12’ with 6+’ between each family area and walking paths for easy access to their area.
- Each household will be assigned to a 12’x12’ square.
- The facility shall have walking isles to access the pool, restrooms, and concession area.
- The cement perimeter surrounding the pool shall remain clear at all times for easy bather and lifeguard access to the water.
- Hand sanitizing stations shall be set up at the entrance of the facility, in the lobby, lifeguard break room, front office, and at the entrance of the pool.
- Patrons shall wear a cloth face covering when entering and leaving the facility, at the concession area, and when they are not in their family area or in the water.
Slides, Diving Boards, and Pool Toys
- Slides shall be open for patrons to use. Patrons shall wait at the bottom of the slide steps until the Lifeguard tells them they can go up the steps to go down the slide. The facility shall have 6’ physical distancing marks at the bottom of the steps for patrons to stand on when waiting to use the slide.
- Diving Boards shall be open for patrons to use. The facility shall have 6’ physical distancing marks for patrons to stand on when waiting to use the diving boards.
- Patrons shall not be permitted to bring or use pool toys in or around the water.
Lounge Chairs and Tables
- The Facility shall not have lounge chairs or tables available for patrons.
- Patrons shall be permitted to bring their own chairs for the family areas.
Locker Rooms / Bathrooms
- All locker rooms shall be closed to the public.
- Bathrooms and showers shall be open to the public.
- Pool staff shall monitor occupancy in the bathroom areas.
- Pool staff shall clean and disinfect the bathrooms and showers at the start of the day, regularly throughout the day, and at the end of the day.
- The Concession Stand shall be open for patrons use.
- The Concession Stand shall have one window to place orders, and another window to pick up orders.
- The concession stand shall have 6’ physical distancing marks for patrons to stand on when waiting to order food and receive their food.
Response and Policies
- Staff or patrons exhibiting the following symptoms shall not be permitted in the facility:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
Questions or Concerns
Patrons or pool staff with questions or concerns about this COVID-19 health and safety plan should contact: the Parks and Recreation Department at 267-374-7275.
The Borough of Quakertown welcomes you to the Quakertown Community Pool for 2020. The Quakertown Community Pool, located at 601 West Mill Street, Quakertown, PA 18951, provides great, affordable recreation for the whole family! It promotes safe swimming skills, provides local jobs, and offers an environment for friendships to be formed. The facility hosts an assortment of amenities providing families summertime fun without breaking the bank!
Pool Hours - The Quakertown Community Pool will be open full time from 11:30am-8:00pm on Saturday, June 27, 2020 through Labor Day. The pool is closed during inclement weather and when the temperature is 70 or below. Twilight hours are 4-8pm. Twilight pool tags will not let you in before 4pm.
Season Passes - Both Borough residents and non-residents are welcome to purchase season passes to the Quakertown Community Pool. To receive the Resident Rate you must pay your electric utility bill to the Borough of Quakertown.
A resident membership is defined as those members of a family residing in the Borough of Quakertown for at least twelve (12) consecutive months. A family membership includes two adults and all dependent children (18 years of age and under and full time college students to the age of 23) living in the same household. Proof of ID for all family members will be required to purchase a pool membership. Make sure to leave adequate time for purchasing memberships. Pictures and ID's will be issued at the pool when you pick up your key tag.
Children 2 years of age and under are free of charge.
Emergency Services Personnel: The Borough is offering Emergency Services Personnel a 15% discount off of their Membership. Individuals must provide proof of service at Borough Hall, or the Community Pool in order to receive a discount.